Banyan Botanicals Licorice Root Powder, 1/2 Pound – USDA Organic – Glycyrrhiza glabra – Ayurvedic Herb for Lungs, Skin, Stomach
- LICORICE ROOT is a natural expectorant and demulcent that promotes clear, comfortable breathing. Licorice root powder supports a healthy male reproductive system and has benefits for the adrenals and kidneys.*
- ALSO KNOWN AS MULETHI ROOT, licorice is naturally moisturizing. It lubricates the gut, soothes the mucous membranes, balances excess acidity in the stomach lining, and supports comfortable digestion.*
- APPLIED TOPICALLY to areas of discoloration, licorice’s natural skin lightening effect can encourage an even complexion. It can also support oral health and fresh breath when used as a tooth powder.*
- BANYAN BOTANICALS is committed to producing the highest quality Ayurvedic products using USDA certified organic herbs that are sustainably sourced and fairly traded. All our products are 3rd party tested to ensure product quality and safety.
- THE BANYAN GUARANTEE—100% Satisfaction: If for any reason you are not satisfied with one of our products, we will gladly accept returns for a full product refund.
- 100% Plant Based
- Cruelty Free
- Gluten Free
- Chemical Free
- No Artificial Dyes
- No Synthetic Fillers
- BPA Free
Nourishing Herbal Tonic for the Respiratory and Immune Systems*
There is more to licorice than its sweet taste. It is renowned for its excellent ability to nourish the lungs, soothe the throat, revive the adrenals, and bolster the body’s natural defenses. Historically, this versatile herb has been used to clear the voice, quench thirst, and help mobilize secretions in the respiratory system.
- Licorice is also a strong adrenal tonic, providing enduring strength to the whole body and nourishment to the nervous system.
- Known as one of the strongest herbs to support virility in Ayurveda, licorice can be taken to support male reproductive health.
- Licorice’s demulcent properties soothe the stomach, support lubrication in the gut, and promote strong digestion.
- For internal use, combine a quarter to half a teaspoon with warm water and drink once or twice daily. If desired, try adding other herbs like ginger or cardamom to enhance its digestive properties.
- As a topical treatment, it can help naturally brighten discolored areas and gently even out the skin tone. It can be used in a wide variety of DIY home beauty treatments such as face masks.
Health Benefits of Licorice:
- Promotes clear, comfortable breathing*
- Supports expectoration and proper function of the lungs*
- Nourishes the adrenals and nervous system*
- Soothes the mucous membranes and stomach lining*
- Encourages proper function of the male reproductive system*
Banyan is committed to providing high quality Ayurvedic products using organic herbs that are fairly traded and sustainably sourced. Our organic* herbs are grown by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources, and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations.
*Certified Organic by New Mexico Department of Agriculture
20+ Years Serving the Ayurvedic Community
Banyan Botanicals was founded in 1996 out of a deep love for the wisdom of Ayurveda and a passion for high quality traditional herbs. Today, Banyan is proud to be offering the largest selection of Ayurvedic herbs available, and operating as a resource for inspirational and informative Ayurvedic content.